After a using my Babyliss triple barrel waver for a couple of weeks I thought I would give it a review.
The description of the waver on the Babyliss website says:
''This innovative iron allows you to create a variety of styles from soft tousled waves to classic 40's finger waves.''
- Porcelain barrel for smooth, shiny results.
- Ultra fast heat up.
- 25 temperature setting for total styling control.
- Integrated safety stand.
- On/Off switch.
- Salon length swivel cord.
I have thick, shoulder length hair which is naturally poker straight, but I like to have wavy, messy hair.
I thought a triple barrel waver would be the best thing for the style I wanted, as I have tried waving my hair with straighteners but they always seem to fall flat, and take too long to do! Curling tongs have worked, but I've never got the wave that I wanted from them.
The triple barrel waver answers my wavy hair problems!
- It gives the right wave I'm looking for.
- Heats up in around a minute
- It works with my shoulder length hair, but I think used on longer hair it would look even better.
- I randomly take sections and wave the ends for a 'lived in' look.
However, I find if you wave your whole head you can look like you've got a bad 80's crimped mess! The trick to avoid this is:
- Not to wave right from the root, start about 3/4 or half the way down the section.
- Try to take random sections, so it looks more natural.
- You don't want to 'over wave' your hair so I leave it in the waver for 5 to 10 seconds. This depends on which heat setting you use though, I go for 21... 25 was too high and made my wave go flat!
All in all I really like my triple barrel waver. It gives me the style I was looking for, and doesn't take ages!
Here's a little video I made on how to use a triple barrel waver....